Thursday, August 30, 2007

One Infant is Enough

The other day I was on the phone with a Nurse Manager from a medium-sized hospital in Alabama. I was asking some brief introductory questions regarding the kind of security system they use on their birthing unit.

To my surprise, this hospital only uses the same lock and alarm system as the rest of the hospital (if that) since administrators don't want to spend the money on a new system specific to infant protection and safety.

"Why not," I asked.

"I just don't think our hospital will see the benefits to having an expensive system when we only have about thirty-some births a year," she said.

I'm not one to press, but now that I think of it, even a small hospital should protect their newborns. I thought back to a press release we wrote in the winter about two infant abductions from hospital maternity wards. Interestingly, one hospital was a smaller-sized facility...

Check out the press release here. Infant Abductions are a real threat and something that shouldn't be taken lightly.

All infants, whether one, two, or ten of them in a single hospital, should be safe and secure. Why jeopardize an infant's safety or a mother's well being when there are preventative methods.

If you'd like to hear about the benefits to having an Infant Protection System, please don't hesitate to call one of our sales reps at 1-800-356-2671, or if you'd like to see for yourself, simply go to our website.

No comments: